How to boost FB Ad conversion rates

Hi Agung,

Here's a question that Ryan H sent in recently:

"Hi Mark, I'm getting a lot of clicks on my ad, and even on my page that they go to, I'm getting good clicks to the vendors page… So why are my sales so low? I've seen 482 clicks on my FB ad, and 329 clicks to the vendor's site, and only 1 sale. I'm in the relationships niche for women."

My response:

Hi Ryan.

That's a GREAT question, and even I get results like that at times when I'm testing out offers, ad copy and audiences.

What I know of this niche is that the ad copy itself, and the page you take people to after they read it, needs to be in line with the offer you are promoting.

If you make the copy too 'blind' then you'll get more clicks, but you might also get the wrong types of clicks.

You want to have that happy medium between invoking curiosity… And getting the right types of clickers (those who may be interested in the product).

So make sure your copy is ON TOPIC (but still makes people curious).

Also, look at your targeting.

I'm in this niche too, and I usually spend about $50usd on any 'new audience' and if I don't make a sale within that adspend, I stop that ad, and try a different audience.

Some audiences convert to sales and some don't.

In a broad niche like this, I've found that even seemingly random audiences, like women aged over 30 who like the tv show 'friends' or some other book or tv show or movie, can convert really well.

But you gotta test a bunch to weed out the non-performers and to keep the winners.

I try to stick to a 2 step formula when writing the ads, most of the time…

Step 1, in the first few sentences, make people curious, then have a call to action (click to your site).

Step 2, state 5-8 benefits that allow the reader of the ad to PICTURE in their mind, the effects of HAVING THE OUTCOME of the product that is being promoted.

Then link again.

So that way you have people clicking who actually WANT that outcome that the product is providing (e.g. save their relationship, meet someone new, or understand men better, etc)

Also, you didn't state which countries your clicks are coming from and what your adspend was.

I find in some countries, the adspend is so low, but the return on adspend is great. So even though conversions are low, with the spend being so low, if I'm still making double back, it's well worth it.

So make sure to separate USA from the rest of the world, when making your campaigns.

Also make sure to exclude low socio economic countries from seeing your ads, they can make up a lot of cheap clicks that never buy.

These are the countries I usually exclude if I'm setting up a 'rest of the world' audience:

Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Benin, Brunei, Belarus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Curaçao, Djibouti, Algeria, Estonia, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, French Guiana, Guernsey, The Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guatemala, Guam, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, Isle Of Man, Iraq, Jersey, Kenya, South Korea, Kuwait, Liberia, Libya, Morocco, Moldova, Montenegro, Madagascar, Myanmar, Mongolia, Mauritania, Mauritius, Malawi, Malaysia, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Serbia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Taiwan, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States, US Virgin Islands, Yemen, South Africa.

I hope you find these tips helpful.

Kind regards,

Mark Ling

Founder of Traffic Travis
https://www.traffictravis.com


No comments on "How to boost FB Ad conversion rates"

Leave a Reply