Focus on building systems (here’s why)

Hi Agung,

I've been asked many times why I advocate going into just one niche, and building it out from there.

I get asked this because I do the opposite myself.

I'm in many niches…

Dog training, language learning, personal development, health niches, relationships, personal development, online marketing advice, wholesale sourcing and supplying, etc.

But there there two things I have to say about that…

#1 I am not necessarily doing the BEST thing from a business perspective

I am a bit scatter brained… So I WOULD be further ahead if I had focussed more heavily on just 1 niche.

But I DO enjoy being in so many niches, and it's a fun way to run a business. But only do it this way if you are self-funded and you have at least ONE model working well enough that it can fund the ability to go wider if you wish to experiment with that.

#2 I focus on building systems.

If you build a great system, lets say in the pets niche…

…And then you replicate that system, lets say in the kids toys niche…

…Then even though you're in multiple niches, it becomes very straight forward to manage.

It's a LOT harder if you try to do things differently each time you go to enter a new niche.

I can't begin to imagine how hard it'd be to work different systems for several different niches.

So when anything is working well, make sure to document how it works.

And to keep following a similar process if you decide to go into other niches.

===

A big reason why systems are so effective, is that they can be tweaked and modified.

If someone goes well for me in Dog Training, chances are, I can apply something similar over in personal development, or some other niche that operates with a similar style website.

When things happen 'all in your head' it can be easy to forget bits and pieces, or can be hard to bring someone in to help, like a VA or other staff member.

Now the next thing I have to suggest is to look at the systems by which you live your LIFE.

If ever a problem occurs in life, look back a few steps and see what system lead to that happening?

If you forgot to put the garbage out, look at the system… Maybe you could set an alarm in your phone.

Tiny system upgrade = slightly better life.

Your online business and your life as a whole can be improved greatly every time you put systems in place to ensure you achieve what you want.

I hope you enjoyed today's newsletter update.

Kind regards,

Mark Ling

Founder of Traffic Travis
https://www.traffictravis.com


No comments on "Focus on building systems (here’s why)"

Leave a Reply