Not all Traffic is Equal

If you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, Unsubscribe.

Hi Agung,

Back in 1999, when I first started online, I dabbled with affiliate marketing.

I made commissions by putting up articles on helpful information topics and linking to products that paid a commission.

I learned after a while that about 1 in every 1000 visitors turned into a sale.

Now those conversion rates may not seem great by today's standards, but back then, with all the free traffic, it was enough to make thousands a week by the end of my first year.

Later, I decided to buy some traffic from a website with over 150k daily visitors. They sold me 15k clicks per day for 30 days for 1k.

I thought, sheez that's a bargain.

Because I'm gonna get 450k clicks, that's about 450 separate commissions I'll make on average, that's over 10k for just spending 1k...

...Cool.

But wait...

Actually, I made zero sales.

Yes, I did get the clicks. I tracked them all and I even put an exit survey on the traffic. They're all real people.

That's when I discovered, my conversion rate was entirely dependent on having the 'right' people.

Which lead me to realise, that I may not even be advertising the best, most relevant products and maybe my 1 in 1000 wasn't as good as I can achieve either.

Then a few years later, a lot of my sites were thriving on anywhere between 0.5% to 3% conversion rates.

The key was understanding the traffic I had better AND if I had an offer, understanding that market so much better so I could get the right traffic for them.

In the next couple of weeks, we'll focus a lot more on Traffic Tactics and how to get more visitors to your offers (whether you are a product owner or an affiliate).

Feel free to reply to this email if you have a specific traffic issue that I might be able to address and talk about in the topics coming up.

Talk soon,

Mark Ling

Founder of Traffic Travis
https://www.traffictravis.com


No comments on "Not all Traffic is Equal"

Leave a Reply